Happy Bonfire/Firework Season from the Lemon Tree Family Hub staff. Firework Safety Information to help you keep safe during this season.
Firework Safety Messages.
- Fireworks are exciting, but they can be very dangerous
- Never touch a firework. Dont pick up a firework after it has been used
- Wear gloves when holding sparklers and keep it away from your body
- Its not a good idea to hold more than one sparkler at once
- Keep your sparkler safely away from other people and dont run around with it
- Once your sparkler is finished, put it into a bucket of water, dont pick it back up. it stays hot for a long time and can burn you
- Wrap up warm and leave any dressing up clothes at home
- Stand away from the bonfire and stay together as a family
- Dont be tempted to throw things into the bonfire or poke at it with sticks
If you catch your clothes on a flame, dont panic - STOP, DROP and ROLL -
- STOP what you are doing.
- DROP to the ground and cover your face with your hands.
- ROLL over and over to put out flames.
Practice your STOP, DROP and ROLL before your fireworks celebrations.
Happy Bonfire/Firework Season everyone from the Lemon Tree Family Hub staff.
Information gathered with help from Child Accident Prevention Trust.